As parents, we’re always looking for places to take our kids out for physical stimulation. We make it a point to get out every single day and on weekends, as much as the weather permits. Over the past year, we’ve found some FREE great places that we always enjoy in the North Dallas area. You don’t need to go too far to find a good spot, look closer home. Here are our Free North Dallas play areas:
All the libraries in the are are fantastic. They all have play areas and story times. It’s also a great way to get the kids excited about reading and the world of imagination. Look on the library website for the events they offer and choose one most convenient for you. You’ll also find family story times in the evening so that you can still take them after work.
- All 5 Plano libraries are fantastic with their kids & STEM programs
- Frisco Library is one of the biggest in North Dallas and has great stimulating programs for kids & babies
- Allen Library
Read my post on 1,000 books before Kindergarten.
Malls with Play areas
Malls in the North Dallas region are great free play areas.
- Stonebriar Mall – shopstonebriar.com/en/events/play-area-is-now-open–13939.html
- Shops at Willow Bend – shopwillowbend.com
- Galleria –galleriadallas.com
- Allen Premium Outlets – https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/allen/stores
- Collin Creek Mall – collincreekmall.com
- North Park Centre – https://www.northparkcenter.com/
- Watermark Community Church – watermark.org/dallas/treefort
As long as the weather permits, parks are fantastic way to spend hours, loaded with physical activities. In summer, some of them also have splash pads. Make sure to stay hydrated and choose the right time to go.
- Frisco Commons Park
- Russel Creek Park
- Lt. Russell Steindam Park
- Preston Medow Park
- Windhaven Park
- Hoblitzelle Park
- Beavers Bend Park
Restaurants with play areas in North Dallas
It’s always a struggle when you want to have a good meal, but have a toddler at hand who’s a ball of energy. A few restaurants have done a great job in making it easy for parents to keep their kids entertained while having a good meal. Take a look at few in North Dallas:
- McDonalds – Multiple locations
- Central Market Cafe, Plano – 320 Coit Rd. Plano, TX 75075
- Breadwinners at North Park – http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/
- Chicken Scratch – http://cs-tf.com/
- Nino Cocina’s, Carrollton – Website
- Joe’s Crab Shack – 3320 Central Expressway, Plano
Other free play areas in North Dallas
- Prestonwood Baptist Church
- Covenant Church, Carrolton
- Kid Mania – Technically not free but at $3.49, it’s practically free for HOURS of fun. The best part is the “quiet zone” where kids can’t get in.
- The Coop, Frisco – Free for kids under 1
So there you go, here’s your next whole year of free places planned out. There was our round up of Free North Dallas play areas, make sure to go check them out. Would you add some more to this list?
An important tip - make sure to allow your kids to share (giving as well as taking), as it is always a 2-way street. If you don't allow them to play with other's things, they will never learn to share their things - no matter how many times you "parent".